Monday, January 5, 2009

Chocolate

Yesterday Jasper and I went to Old Navy. I have a gift card - acquired by the intelligent trading of points on my credit card for points at Old Navy. We got ourselves an armload of stuff and went to check out. We waited. We talked about being patient and waiting our turn. I had rather racist comments going through my grumpy head about white trash returning $5 Old Navy Holiday shirts AFTER the holidays. When it was finally our turn, Jasper helps me get the stuff on the counter, then holds out the card for the (very nice young) man checking us out. After she gave him the card, she looks at me and says, "Mama, he's chocolate!"

At which point everyone laughed and the holiday grumpies were dispelled.

1 comment:

cb said...

Just don't try to bite his ears off until you're 13 Jasper.