Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Peas

Sunday night Jasper COULD NOT EAT ENOUGH PEAS. She ate well during the day, and for dinner we had steak, tortellinis and peas. She started with about 1/4 or peas in a bowl - after eating a handful of them frozen. I blinked and they were gone. "More peas, please!" Another 1/4 cup - maybe 1/2 cup. Blink. Gone. She inhaled the rest of her food - almost as much as I was eating (which says either she ate a lot or I wasn't eating too much...) and then.... "More peas, please." This time I paid close attention. The child could not shovel them into her mouth fast enough. She tried a bigger spoon and the same thing. I guess her body wanted peas. In all I think she ate a whole cup of peas, maybe more.
Monday morning we're eating breakfast (NOT peas) and she heads to the bathroom. Guess what she pooped out? Yup, peas. Identifiable, whole, unchewed peas. Yum.

No comments: